A Blogger friend requesting for the above recipe, but honestly, this recipe was taught by my good Taiwanese friend, so i m not sure how authentic it is compare to those u search from website one. Anyway, here u go...u basically needed what as shown in the pic:
1) Basil Leaves for few stalks (only need the leaves, discard the rest)
2) Chicken tigh/chicken breast/chicken drumstick (cut into cubes, need not to de-bone)
3) Soy sauce, fish sauce, pepper powder (black/white), chinese five spice powder, chinese shao-xing wine (绍兴料酒), salt and sugar to taste. wet liquid qty: 1 tbsp, dry spice: in a pinch.
4) cornstarch powder, baking powder, sesame seeds (optional)
5) frying oil
1) marinate your favorite chicken meat with the ingredient no.3 above and keep in fridge for 1 hour.
2) Take out from fridge, pour in 1-2 tbsp of corn starch and 1 tsp of baking powder into the marinated meat. incorporate well.
3) Heat oil, deep fry the chicken until golden brown, dish out. pet dry in kitchen towel.
4) pour in the basil leaves into the hot oil, fry for 3 minutes, dish out.
5) In a big baking tray, mix all the fried chicken and frid basil well, topped with some roasted sesame will be the best! Serve while hot!
Here shd be how it looks,
The fried basil chicken is aromatic and tasty by itself, u dun required any dipping sauce at all.